Facilities on campus
The University of Leicester has a huge range of facilities for you to use, so make sure you make the most of them during your time on campus! From study spaces to fitness centres, here are a few facilities to make use of whilst you're here.
- Charles Wilson building – specifically the mezzanine floor, but there are lots of social study spaces there too. On the mezzanine floor, there are multiple individual study rooms which are perfect for studying if you're someone (like me) who is easily distracted by others! What’s great about these rooms as well is that you can book them in advance for a couple of hours, so you know you have a guaranteed spot to study on campus.
- David Wilson Library – the library is home to probably the biggest study space our university has got. It has a range of computer rooms, private group rooms, and just study spaces in general. Group rooms you can also book in advance for a couple of hours which is really convenient for when you have group projects due. One tip I do have regarding studying in the library is to use the basement floor or silent study areas because when the library gets busy during exam seasons, these are often where the free spaces are!
- Percy Gee building – another area which is a fairly safe bet for a guaranteed spot to study is the Percy Gee building on the floors above the food outlets, there’s even a computer lab on one of the floors. There are no rooms here that you are able to book in advance, however, it is a really great spot as you can easily go downstairs to grab a bite when you’re in need of a study break.
Aside from study spaces, the University also offers lots of fitness spaces!
There are two gyms associated with the University of Leicester. One, the Danielle Brown Sports Centre, is on the main campus and its facilities include a gym, pool, sports hall, sauna and more! The other, the Roger Bettles Sports Centre houses the same facilities along with Astro-pitches, tennis courts and a 5-aside football pitch! Often buying an annual membership before October works out the cheapest, for the year 2021-2022, and ended up costing me around £12 per month!
Lastly, another great space on the University campus is of course the O2 Academy Leicester! On top of the concerts held here, the O2 also hosts ‘LetsDisko’ Wednesdays and ‘SuperSonic’ Fridays every week where the O2 becomes a club and offers cheap drinks!
Alongside a wide selection of sports facilities and study spaces, there are also a number of delicious catering outlets on campus. To find out more about some of the student-favourite eateries, click here.
- Read Next
- Get a HeadStart before you arrive at Leicester Accommodation options for year 4 medic students Bollywood night Café Evening Jewellery making SU Executive elections Weekly Boxercise Weekly Pilates Sessions Join us for toasties Weekly EA Sports Night
- March Residence Life Events Calendar Take a 360 tour of Freemen's Common How To | Use Circuit Laundry Machines Use our Amazon Locker About Your Hall | John Foster How to report a maintenance issue Why should I return to halls? Take a tour of The Village About Your Hall | Beaumont International supermarkets in Leicester