Guide to using the microwave
The student essential for heating up leftovers!
This will become your best friend for a quick lunch or dinner between your busy student life.
- Always check cooking instructions beforehand
- Loosely cover food over to avoid spills/splashes
- Once you have placed the food in the microwave, set the power dial and timer dial to the cooking instructions
- When the timer is done, check the food is piping hot and carefully remove it from the microwave
- It's worth leaving your food to stand for a minute or so before tucking in
- Remember, do not put any metal or foil in the microwave. It will break!
- Read Next
- Get your accommodation sorted for next year How to | be sustainable at uni Getting from The City to Campus Getting from The Village to Campus University Shuttle Bus | The Village to Campus Keep up to date with Res Life Cooking Tips and Kitchen Tricks Facilities on campus Your guide to food and drink on campus Getting support with your studies
- Take a 360 tour of Freemen's Common How To | Use Circuit Laundry Machines Use our Amazon Locker About Your Hall | John Foster Take a tour of The Village Why should I return to halls? How to report a maintenance issue About Your Hall | Beaumont International supermarkets in Leicester How to book accommodation at Leicester