How to boil an egg
If you don't know how to boil an egg just yet, don't worry. We'll talk you through below how to make the perfect boiled egg exactly how you like it.
Once you know how to do it, it'll be a regular in your breakfast routine, especially if you're a dippy eggs and soldiers fan.
Here's how to boil an egg
- Boil the kettle and fill a medium-sized saucepan with the water and bring to a boil.
- Slowly lower the egg or eggs into the pan with a spoon. Be gentle, you don't want to crack your eggs here. A spoon like this is perfect!
- Set your timer for 4 minutes if you want your eggs to be soft and runny, or 6 minutes for a harder centre which would be perfect for salads.
- Using a teaspoon, lightly tap the egg with the front of the spoon and peel the shell off.
- Tuck in!
- Read Next
- Let's do Leicester festival Meet Your RA Team Top tips for your first week at university Cocktail Night - The City Let's Cook - The Village Join us for brunch Explore your town centre Paint by numbers Seasonal Affective Disorder World Mental Health Day 2023
- Take a 360 tour of Freemen's Common How To | Use Circuit Laundry Machines How to report a maintenance issue Use our Amazon Locker Your guide to food and drink on campus About Your Hall | John Foster Fresh Festival 2023! Why should I stay in accommodation? Take a tour of The Village Your welcome events from Residence Life!