Why should I return to halls?
Considering returning to halls?
There are loads of benefits that come with living in halls of residence! So if you're still unsure, take a look below at the top reasons to stick around...
- You're part of the university community
Being on campus means you are in the centre of the student community and have easy access to all the great facilities, including the support services for those living in halls.
- Residence Life
There to support and keep you safe, Residence Life can provide you with advice and help you make the most out of student life. With a large monthly events programme, there's something for everybody! Don't forget, this includes 24 hour Security and Reception too.
- UOL students
You get to live with other students from the University of Leicester! If you go to private accommodation you'll likely be with a mixture of students from UOL and DeMontford University.
- Easy to get to campus
All our accommodation is either close to the university campus or has dedicated transport links to the university! Other accommodation in the city is usually further away.
- It's easy to return!
Whereas househunting and finding the right area/house to live in can be stressful and involve a lot of planning and costs, returning to halls couldn't be easier! You simply just have to apply via your student portal - here's how.
Halls of residence are much more than just a room!
Unlike much private accommodation, being in halls is not only easier to manage, but it also has ALL of this included (so you don't have to worry):
- Your room and shared facilities (including all furniture)
- All bills included (unlimited usage) - water, electrics, gas etc
- High-speed wi-fi and ethernet ports in your bedroom
- Access to all the social spaces, study spaces, music rooms, launderettes and other on-site facilities
- 24/7 security
- 24/7 on-site reception
- Contents insurance
- The Residence Life Support Service - 24/7 on-site student support
- The Residence Life Social Programme - free events and activities, plus loaning items such as games consoles, games and DVDs for all residents
You have plenty to choose from!
If you're looking for a change but don't want to leave halls, remember we do have a lot of accommodation to choose from. If you're not sure, take a look below at what we have to offer:
Student Makeup: New undergraduates and undergraduate returners
The Village in Oadby is made up of five halls of residence with their own character and community. Oadby is surrounded by lots of green space and the Botanical Gardens, plus a wide range of new and old buildings, including listed properties. You'll find lot's to do in The Village in our hall site social spaces, with seating areas, bars, music rooms, study rooms, a games room and a cinema room.
Don't forget the Roger Bettles Sports Centre is also on-site (with a gym, sports halls and swimming pool) along with playing fields, tennis courts and a running track outside. Your university gym membership covers this sports centre and the Danielle Brown Sports Centre on main campus.
Student Makeup: Undergraduates and postgraduates
The City accommodation is close to campus (within 10 mins walk) and is right next to supermarkets, a cinema complex, restaurants and bars in the city centre and on Queens Road. It's also walking distance from the train station, useful for commuting home!
The City accommodation has three main sites: Nixon Court and Opal Court. Each site has its own common rooms with pool tables, table tennis, pianos and social seating areas. Opal Court common room even has it's own communal kitchen! What's more, because you're so close to the university you'll have access to all the services and spaces on main campus (such as the library and the Danielle Brown Sports Centre).
Still need some information or advice? Get in touch with us using the following details:
- T: +44 (0)116 252 2428
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Village Reception - John Foster Hall, 15 Manor Road, Oadby, Leicester, LE2 2LG
- The City Reception - Nixon Court, 33 Putney Road, Leicester, LE2 7TG
If you've already made up your mind and are ready to apply for another fun-filled year in halls, follow these steps!
- Read Next
- Clarendon Park Summer Fair Men's health night National beer day Time for a cuppa! Pride quiz night Ice cream sundaes Calm colouring Changes to the University Shuttle Bus Dessert night Friendship jewellery night
- June Residence Life Events Calendar Take a 360 tour of Freemen's Common How To | Use Circuit Laundry Machines Use our Amazon Locker How to report a maintenance issue About Your Hall | John Foster Why should I return to halls? Take a tour of The Village About Your Hall | Beaumont Your guide to food and drink on campus