Why should I stay in accommodation?
Considering our accommodation?
There are loads of benefits that come with living in University accommodation! So if you're still unsure, take a look below at the top reasons to stick around...
- You're part of the university community
Being in University accommodation means you are in the centre of the student community and have easy access to all the great facilities, including social spaces, sports facilities and support services.
- Residence Life
There to support and keep you safe, Residence Life can provide you with advice and help you make the most out of student life. With a large monthly events programme, there's something for everybody! Don't forget, this includes 24 hour Security and Reception too!
- UOL students
You get to live with other students from the University of Leicester! If you go to private accommodation you'll likely be with a mixture of students from UOL and DeMontfort University, or even private lettings. In our accommodation, we'll allocate you with other students like you (e.g. if you're a new undergraduate, you'll be with other new undergraduates).
- Easy to get to campus
All our accommodation is either close to the university campus or has dedicated (and free!) transport links to the University! Other accommodation in the city is usually further away.
- It's easy to return!
Whereas house-hunting and finding the right area/house to live in can be stressful and involve a lot of planning and extra costs, returning to halls couldn't be easier! You simply just have to re-apply via your student portal each year - here's how.
Accommodation is much more than just a room!
Unlike the private sector, being in accommodation is not only easier to manage, but it also has ALL of this included (so you don't have to worry):
- Your room and shared facilities (including all furniture)
- All bills included (unlimited usage) - water, electrics, gas etc
- High-speed wi-fi and ethernet ports in your bedroom
- Access to all the social spaces, study spaces, music rooms, launderettes and other on-site facilities
- 24/7 security
- 24/7 on-site reception
- Contents insurance
- The Residence Life Support Service - 24/7 on-site student support
- The Residence Life Social Programme - free events and activities, plus loaning items such as games consoles, games and DVDs for all residents
You have plenty to choose from!
If you're not sure what you're looking for, take a look below at what we have to offer:
The Village in Oadby is made up of five halls of residence with their own character and community. Oadby is surrounded by lots of green space and the Botanical Gardens, plus a wide range of new and old buildings, including listed properties. You'll find lot's to do in The Village in our hall site social spaces, with seating areas, bars, music rooms, study rooms, a games room and a cinema room.
Don't forget the Roger Bettles Sports Centre is also on-site (with a gym, sports halls and swimming pool) along with playing fields, tennis courts and a running track outside. Your university gym membership covers this sports centre and the Danielle Brown Sports Centre on main campus.
The City accommodation is close to campus (within 10 mins walk) and is right next to supermarkets, a cinema complex, restaurants and bars in the city centre and on Queens Road. It's also walking distance from the train station, useful for commuting home!
The City accommodation has three main sites: Freemen's Common, Nixon Court and Opal Court. Each site has its own common rooms with pool tables, table tennis, pianos and social seating areas. Opal Court common room even has it's own communal kitchen! What's more, because you're so close to the university you'll have access to all the services and spaces on main campus (such as the library and the Danielle Brown Sports Centre).
Our new city accommodation at Freemen's Common offers a wide range of modern accommodation! Freemen’s Common provides a welcoming new neighbourhood to live, study and socialise right next door to the main University campus. The new buildings are set within an impressive landscaping scheme of tree-lined walking routes, wildflower planting and gardens, with two large outdoor spaces. Plus new pedestrian and cycling routes to better connect our accommodation with campus.
Still need some information or advice? Get in touch with us using the following details:
- T: +44 (0)116 252 2428
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read Next
- Seafood restaurants in Leicester Not budget-friendly restaurants in Leicester A student's guide to restaurants in Leicester International Women’s Day Competition Signature Calm Spray Creation Night Code & Coffee Night 5 simple meals for an amateur cook Moving countries to come to uni Return to accommodation Our house viewing checklist!
- How to report a maintenance issue How To | Use Circuit Laundry Machines Take a 360 tour of Freemen's Common Your guide to food and drink on campus Use our Amazon Locker About Your Hall | John Foster International supermarkets in Leicester About Your Hall | Beaumont Why should I stay in accommodation? Take a tour of The Village